Girls’ Volleyball Mini-Camps & Evaluations
Volleyball mini-camps for girls entering 5th through 8th grade will be held this June for all St. Joseph girls who register to play volleyball this fall. While the mini-camps are not mandatory, they are highly recommended. Our mini-camps will help to prepare girls for evaluations. All camps are held in the SJS gym. Players should bring athletic shoes for use in the gym and a water bottle. NO spandex or yoga pants. NO jewelry, especially earrings. Kneepads are highly recommended. The head coach for your child’s grade level as well as other assistant coaches will direct camps. The cost is $20.00 per student athlete for the instructional camp and includes a camp T-shirt.
Mandatory evaluations for team splits for St. Joseph Crusader Volleyball will be held for all girls who will be entering 5th through 8th grade. The evaluations are held in the SJS gym. All students playing volleyball this fall MUST ATTEND as this is the only evaluation date for each grade level. Team practices will begin in August and the league will begin play the weekend following Labor Day.
Any questions or concerns regarding volleyball should be directed to Kim Harbauer; firstname.lastname@example.org or Erin Moore; email@example.com
**ALL registered athletes, MUST have their completed physical form sent to the school office by July 15th**
2013 Volleyball Season Wrap-up
Here are the season highlights!
- 8A came in 1st in the silver division at the Benet tournament and came in 2nd at the St. Pius pre-season tournament.
- 7B took a 1st in their division at the Peter & Paul tournament.
- 7A placed 1st in the St. Francis tournament and placed 2nd in the Montini Bronco Bash.
- 6B1 & 6B2 set a goal to learn a 6-2 offense this season and near the end of the season were running the offense beautifully!! Both advanced to the second round of the playoffs.
- 6A came in 1st in the Montini Bronco Bash and came in 1st in the Halfway to St. Patrick’s Tournament.
- 5B won the first game of the season to kick off their crusader volleyball careers, had a successful regular season and lots of fun!
- 5A took 1st place at the Montini Bronco Bash AND collected $400 for cancer research in honor of their teammate, Mikayla S.
Final DPL standings for 2013:
2nd place in their division: 6A, 7A & 8A
4th place in their division: 5B, 6B2
5th place in their division: 7B
6th place in their division: 5A, 6B1
And a Champion!
From our 8 teams, 5 advanced to the second round of playoffs and only ONE team advanced to a championship game and that was 7A! They beat St. Michaels in a very exciting match to win the 7A championship!
- Special thanks to a great group of dedicated coaches:
- 5A: Joe Schallmoser, Jim McParland, Page Wilson
- 5B: Mary Chris Flannery & Liz Sterbenz
- 6A: Gina Gasbarre, Julie Boyer & Susie Fahey
- 6B1: Kim Harbauer, Laura Wilson and Jacqueline Ruf
- 6B2: Erin Moore, Mary Ann Kippes
- 7A: Jenna Gasbarre, Maggie Sluzas, Julie Boyer
- 7B: Dave Czaplicki, Pete Schmit, Mike Kuper
- 8A: Rosary Smith, Christine Bowe
CONGRATULATIONS to all the teams on an awesome season of VB!! Way to go LADY CRUSADERS!!