Our Catholic-based, challenging academic program has many benefits when considering a school for your child. We offer a personalized experience for students that is highly interactive and puts children on a path to success in high school and college.
St. Joseph School and its students are always looking for ways to help serve others both inside and outside the school. Throughout the year, St. Joseph students participate in several service activities and fundraisers focused on helping others and the community. More>
Catholic Values & Faith Formation
Catholic values and Faith Formation are emphasized in all spiritual, educational and extracurricular activities at St. Joseph School. More>
All-Day Academic Kindergarten
Our full-day Kindergarten program offers curriculum-based instruction balanced with enrichment activities for a well-rounded education. More>
Half and Full-Day Preschool for 3s and 4s
Our Preschool program prepares students for success in Kindergarten in a fun, engaging and faith-building environment. More>
Progressive Technology Program
At St. Joseph School, technology is integrated into all aspects of our curriculum as we aim to provide our students with the productivity tools needed to facilitate digital learning. More>
Academic Enrichment Classes
STEM Curriculum for PreK-8 exposes students to science, technology, engineering, arts and math in fun and engaging ways.
Fundamentals of music are taught through experiential learning with hands-on activities that include singing, playing instruments and moving to and creating music. Students highlight what they have learned at two concerts per year – one at Christmas time and VIP Day in the spring. More>
No Cut Sports & Extracurricular Activities
Student Support Services
St. Joseph School offers an optional hot lunch program. On Mondays and Wednesdays lunch is ordered from a variety of local restaurants. Pizza lunch is offered on Fridays.
First Student provides bus service for a cost of $25 per student. K-8 students arrive by 7:45 am and are dismissed at 2:20 pm. “Bus Buddies” (older students) are assigned to guide Kindergartners to buses.
Personalized Approach to Learning
St. Joseph School offers two classrooms for each grade with average class size of 20 students. Teacher’s Aides support each class as needed.
Tradition of Excellence
- Our students score in the top quartile nationally on standardized tests.
- Our graduates are well-prepared for high school, earning academic awards and scholarships.
- 82% of SJS graduates typically make their High School Honor Roll in their Freshman year.
- Many SJS graduates continue their studies at Catholic high schools in the area, including Benet Academy, Fenwick, Marmion Academy, Montini Catholic, Nazareth Academy, St. Francis, and St. Rita of Cascia. Additionally, many of our graduates attend Downers Grove North and Downers Grove South.
- Read more about our Tradition of Excellence>